The Cape Higher Education Consortium represents the four public universities in the Western Cape of South Africa:
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT)
- Stellenbosch University (SU)
- University of Cape Town (UCT)
- University of the Western Cape (UWC)
CHEC is a not for profit company (registration number 2003/003131/08) with a small secretariat and team of project leaders. It relies on the staff of the constituent institutions to drive agreed projects and for technical assistance and development work, retaining consultants and specialists as needed.
Vision and mission
To establish the Western Cape as a strong higher education region in a restructured national system which, through systemic inter-institutional co-operation and academic programme collaboration, will be
- Distinctively responsive to regional, national and international developments in the knowledge economy of the 21st century
- Sensitive to historical realities in promoting equity across its institutions
- Cost effective and of high quality.